Position Title: Customer Service Manager
Deparment: Front End
Reports To: Store Director/Bookkeeper
Flsa Status: Non-Exempt
- To provide and maintain high standards of customer service throughout the front end operations. To supervise and direct all front end personnel and activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote customer goodwill by providing high standards of customer service.
- Supervise and schedule activities of front-end personnel to ensure consistent application of high customer courtesy standards.
- Prepare and maintain effective work schedules for front-end personnel to keep customer inconvenience to a minimum.
- Enforce store policy as it relates to front end operations and assist store managers with discipline of front end associates who fail to abide by company policies and procedures.
- Delegate responsibilities to cashiers as prescribed by store management.
- Conduct training programs for new associates, as well as associates already on board.
- Assist cashiers with price checks.
- Keep store management and scan coordinator informed of all pricing problems.
- Assist customers with returned merchandise, over rings, and overcharges.
- Approve customer checks and enforce check cashing policies.
- Maintain a regular cleaning schedule and overall good housekeeping of the front end.
- Order and control front end supplies (register paper, ribbons, etc.)
- Greet and customers and be observant of people in the store.
- Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Provide for proper staffing of Service Center and provide proper training for Acting
- Customer Service Supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong oral and written communication skills for dealing with customers, employees, and Vendors.
- Strong analytical and mathematics skills for conducting accurate audits.
- Must be knowledgeable in federal and state child labor laws regarding employment of individuals under the age of 18.