In this role, you will:
- Support the Agronomy Team with weekly pest scouting, tissue sampling, crop management and irrigation scheduling.
- Participate in data collection of R&D test plots, and evaluation of on-farm research.
- Assist with irrigation system scheduling and soil moisture management.
- Gain experience in pesticide programs and planning
- Give and receive real-time performance feedback to further your growth and leadership development.
- Deliver and present to management a summary of observations from field scouting and R&D efforts.
- Observe field operations as it relates to potato planting, harvesting, etc.
- Take on other tasks and responsibilities, as needed.
Expected Hours of Work
- Walking and working outdoors in the elements.
- Driving between farm sites to move samples and other supplies.
- Regularly lifting objects (such as potato samples) of up to 40-50 lbs.
- Mid-May through Mid-August (Start and End Dates are Flexible based on Candidate's schedule)
- Typical daily farm hours are 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, with occasional hours outside this window during peak times (Planting/Harvest).
- Are pursuing an Associates or Bachelor's degree in agronomy, crop science or related field.
- A valid driver's license or the ability to obtain one and pass vehicle insurance verification.
- Are generally tech savvy and can use basic software systems such Excel, Word.
- Possess excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Are an excellent communicator; asking for and valuing positive and constructive feedback in an effort to grow within your role and career.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Receive a competitive pay package
- Paid Holidays
- Use of a company vehicle, when applicable
- Reimbursements for eligible travel expenses
- Participate in real-world applications of Agronomy from a leading, US potato company.
- Make valuable contacts within the industry who can assist you with your career development, now and in the future.
- Gain an understanding of theentirebusiness, including agronomy, operations, employee management, and logistics by spending time with Farm, Equipment, and Operations Managers.
CSS Farms is an EOE.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.