Job DescriptionPricing Manager, North America Pet Solutions - Erlanger, KY or Fort Collins, CO.
This position can be in either Fort Collins or Erlanger, KY/Cincinnati, OH area.Job Summary:
The Pricing Manager will be responsible for implementing the pricing strategy for Pet Solutions, effectively managing product pricing, deal execution, pricing discipline and process development.
The position should champion pricing with product managers and sales organization and embed a pricing and margin expansion mindset in the organization. This position will work closely with product managers, customers, sales, procurement, product development, supply chain and accounting teams supporting Pet Solutions as well as colleagues in other divisions.
In addition to Pet Solutions, this position will help coordinate across Nutrition other pricing activities, working closely with other pricing leads (ex. Flavors, Specialty Ingredients, Health & Wellness) as solutions are developed utilizing the full ADM portfolio.Essential Job Functions
- Develop and implement the annual pricing strategy to meet the business's margin and revenue growth requirements
- Lead price execution activities and set discipline by implementing standard processes for robust repeatable deal support and evaluation
- Create a continuous margin improvement mindset and ensure compliance to the aligned pricing strategy by building and communicating a clear vision, facilitating alignment of key stakeholders, including the senior leadership
- Work cross functionally to support pricing activities of strategic customer accounts with in-depth knowledge of customer contracts and pricing obligations and analysis of global pricing
- Approve deals using supporting materials, pricing tools, and data to determine acceptability and build end to end view on profitability
- Work closely with global set of stakeholders on market conditions and material changes to execute periodic and annual price increase
- Support adoption of pricing tools, policies, and procedures, in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Prepare and give presentations to senior leadership as well as outside customers, as required
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Economics, Finance, Food Science (or equivalent experience/ background), supplemented with a minimum of 5+ years' relevant work experience in the food ingredient industry with demonstrated success in
- Change management leadership
- Strategic planning
- Implementation of new processes and systems
- Advanced degree in analytics, data modeling, statistics or MBA is a plus
- Strong strategic thinker that is considered a future leader
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to synthesize marketing and pricing information to draw insights and actionable recommendations (e.g., structure the problem, collect data, identify issues, and present results) and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiating skills based on a thorough understanding of sales/marketing practices with the ability to create credibility and establish long-term relationships
- Demonstrated capacity to excel within fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to manage effectively within a team-based work environment and ability to gain buy-in/ and commitment from internal stakeholders
- Organization-building skills, including talent attraction and creating links within the firm
- Commitment to corporate ethics policies and safety programs
- Computer competent with demonstrated ability in the use of spreadsheet, database and word processing software
- Proficient with applications within a Windows based operating environment
- Experience with Power BI and large ERP systems (e.g. JDE, SAP, etc.) is a plus
Salary/Wage Range: $90K to $180K.
Note: This position will be subject to variable compensation
Bonus Eligible: Yes
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.